Post new topic   Reply to topic    Middle Earth Craft and Wares Forum Index -> Social Activities Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lerillos
Lerillos
Leader

re: Bounders Buttoning Ceremony

The Bounders of the Shire have a Buttoning Ceremony.   This refers to their history, and is both a solemn and moving occasion.   This month, May 2015, there will be a special Buttoning Ceremony on Wednesday Evening, May 27, at 9:00PM.   Please be respectful. 

UPDATE (May 31, 2015):   Located in the Bounder Archives is the history of the Bounder Buttons and what they are given for. 

http://boundersoftheshire.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=257925&ForumID=1210793&TabID=2167510&Replies=30&TopicID=8791922

Last edited by Lerillos on Sun May 31, 2015 5:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Daffodilia

I jes wanted t' add something...

It is quite true that Buttonings are something we keep in our hearts, and some of us never tire a' hearing the story time and again.

It's also true that there is some ritual involved that goes back time before some folks' minds.

However...it's not all formal and staid.  'tis not the occasion for indoor snowball fights, I'll give ya that--but please don't shy away if yer worried about actin' proper.  Jes think a' how ya'd be meetin' someone's Gammer the first time, and ya'll be fine. 

For the MEC&W folks that couldn't make it t'night, I jes wanted y'all t' know that your very own Miss Lerillos was given a Bounder-Friend button.  These are very special buttons reserved fer the finest folk that we hold in pretty darn high esteem.

Bounder-Friend Button

Bounder-Friend. A most prestigious button given to true friends and allies beloved of the Bounders. Made of black ash, the carving is of a blossom, to symbolize the promise of a great friendship.

After Genny brought up the question t'night as to how many we have granted, I went t' our Button Records to check.  We're pretty sure this one has been given out for six years now.  Some of our older records are a bit hard t' read, so it might be more, might be less as far as years.  What we do know fer certain is since we started giving them out, only nine folks in all of Middle Earth own one, with Miss Lerillos being the ninth.

So raise a glass to a fine lass!   

Leader

re: Bounder Buttoning Ceremony

Oh, Daff!   *blinks back tears yet again* 

It is still hard to believe.    Ummm....*again in silent wonder looks at button, slowly turning it in her hand* 

*hugs*

~Leri

Lerillos
Lerillos
Leader

Congratulations to Miss Rozalinde Fairholm, Leader of Concerning Hobbits Kinship.   She has been very active in aiding others in the Chicken Quests, and especially in Completing the long (8hours)-and-very-difficult ''Free Range'' quest.   She is also known as "Mama Hen", although unofficially (Turbine won't award her the title).  Miss Roz was awarded  the very first, and very special,  "Chicken Tender''  Button.     A Very Great Honor Indeed!   A Most Worthy Recipient, none more so than she.

Congratulations Roz!  Be sure to stop and congratulate her when you see her. 

~Leri

Daffodilia

*hugs Miss Lerillos*  I have t' say, Miss Lerillos, iffin' folk knew how often I turned t' silently wipe away a tear (and not just in game) from happy emotions fer such things, they'd all call me a big ol' crybaby.

And stop starin' at it and figure out what ya'll be sewing it on so ya don't lose it! 

As t' Miss Rozalinde, aye!  Folks, please do congratulate her iffin' ya see her.  Out of all of those who love and support chickens, she is definitely one who has earned that button many times over those will get one down the road.  (They will, of course, have earned it, but if I could polish hers eggstra special t' make it stand out...I would--so I'm glad she got the very first at least.)  Young Medders' is the other I alluded t' during buttonin', as he is the Chicken Race Master as she is the Mama Hen, but sadly he had Warehouse duties.  I'll give him his sooner rather than later iffin' I have my way.  *chuckles*

Leader

*Chuckles at Daffi*

You are right, of course.  I'm thinking of a likely location for it to reside, but I must first check to see if memory is correct.  Unfortunately, RL had kept me far too busy for me to attend to this much more important detail.  *grins*  

*hugs Daffi* 

~Leri

Lerillos
Lerillos
Leader

*Lerillos, having thought of a likely spot, has placed her button on her kinship uniform.  It is on the collar, positioned just to right of center, in the place of honor.  Here it shall stay, worn with humble pride ( (a seeming contradiction, but it's not really)).*

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Middle Earth Craft and Wares Forum Index -> Social Activities Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: