Post new topic   Reply to topic    Middle Earth Craft and Wares Forum Index -> Community Events Calendars, News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daffodilia

re: Discussion thread for The Landy Lately

I'm not sure how many folks are aware there is a new weekly Landroval newspaper, The Landy Lately.  Like the Lonely Mountain Free Press, it also comes out on Wednesdays.  If you haven't heard, the Free Press is no longer being published.  Aldekim explained why in the last edition.

Everfrugal asked me to let folks who might be interested know that if they would like to run a classified or a sized ad in the paper, to please contact him via Quick Post. Apparently he's not gotten many yet, so he's asking folks to help spread the word about the ability to do so.

- Deadline for Classifieds is the Monday before the paper is due out. 

- Deadlines for text only sized ads is the same, and ads with a single image are due the Friday before unless the image is supplied, in which case Monday is the deadline.

He said if you have any questions, send him a Quick Post.

Wellie has also asked that if anyone is interested in contributing to the paper, please get in touch with her.  She is looking for both writers and creative bits. 

I bet if anyone wanted to send in a Market Report for the monthly Market, she'd be happy to have that.  It wouldn't even have to be long--a snippet would do.

Last edited by Daffodilia on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Leader

re: Wanted for the Landy Lately

That's so thoughtful of you, Daffi. 

I do check the forums frequently, although I do not have posting rights yet.  Many of our kin do not check forums though, so I am sure that they welcome your thoughtful post.  I also appreciate it for the easy referencing after the fact.

I really like your new format.  It reminds me of the news layout when I was young. 

Thank you, Wellie, for the kind invitation to submit the occasional Market Report (however brief).  I shall see what i can manage, although perhaps not till January.

Daffodilia

As some folks may know all too well, last year Photobucket changed their policies about posting links from their site to sites such as these.  Without warning, they wanted an outrageous sum to allow what all of its users were used to having for free.

With the new old smial giving me much to do last year, I simply did not have time to deal with that tomfoolery.  We also were having some financial woes due to some deferred maintenance related issues with our home that needed to be seen to sooner than we would have liked.

Now, though, I have been able to move the old papers to a new home, and we are rolling presses again.

I have replaced the missing papers in this thread.

Today I did post this week's edition up, finally.  I'm still getting back into the groove of things, so that's why it's up here late.

Hope this finds everyone as well as they can be!

Glad you are back

Daffodilia

Glad to be back!  Hope your recovery is going well.

Finally wrassled my mental opposites and came to a decision about the Classy Discussion hangup that happens all too often.  You can read about the solution in the latest edition.

Still running late, but getting there!  Hopefully with this new change, progress will pick up, and we should be caught up sometime...in the ...near future?

Time will tell!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: