Post new topic   Reply to topic    Middle Earth Craft and Wares Forum Index -> Natterings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
realCMG
Officer

re: The way the world is

Well, Helms Deep has launched....vast changes have been made....my hot key bar is way less cluttered....and i find myself really specialized compared to how i was....yet somehow....I don't mind, in fact I kind of like the changes.  As much as I can agree that these changes bring us into the fold of many of the other MMORPG's styles I don't see that as a horrible thing.  Things work well this way, sure it will take a bit for us to get a handle on but over all...so far...I like it.  Of course I would have liked to have gotten all of Tostadora's class deeds done before launch, but meh.  Anyways, I have obviously seen a bit of what the new guardian is like, as well as the champion class.  What are your thoughts? What classes are you playing and how do you feel about the changes?

Lerillos
Lerillos
Leader

Gee, Tos.  I don't know what to think about this expansion.  There are SO many changes, and so MUCH to relearn/get used to, that I feel quite overwhelmed.  Every time I hear a discussion about the expansion, I listen, in hopes that enlightenment will dawn.  Perhaps, eventually, it will.  Until then, the jury is out, so to speak.

~Lerillos

realCMG
Officer

yeah, its gonna take some more play time for me, as well as some group play to see how this really pans out.

DRNA

Tostadora, in response to a question you posed in April about whether or not your character's badge or 'bumper sticker' is visible in the forums, yes I see it.

Lerillos, congratulations on taking over the leadership role. Given my limited experience with MECaW, you have always been the most active and I'd considered you leader anyway, so this wasn't suprising to me.

Dirter has been away for a time as real-life constraints have kept my attention elsewhere. I've been on my home server some as my main (Barabin, a Champion), but these changes do not really have me wanting to do much else at the moment.. including signing into alts or other servers. Its not so much the Trait-Trees I dislike as it is the way they have handled this. Things that were complained about in Beta were never addressed and they released HD anyway. The auto-assigning of skills onto the hotbars is my biggest frustration at the moment. They've cut up skills into 3 separate distinctions, OK. But then to have no easy way of switching between specializations is just disheartening.. Not to mention the high Mithril Coin price of aquiring an addition 3rd Spec tab.. per character. You may have read Ged's Guide in the forums which suggests purchasing the 3rd spec tab as a workaround to the issue. I find this to be unacceptable. I started a new character in the hopes of relearning my main character's class. But until they straighten up the quickslot shuffle, which Sapience himself acknowledged is not working as intended, it is doubtful I will be spending any considerable time playing my main, much less alternate characters, and alternate characters on additional servers. This issue should be a top priority for them. We can only patiently wait and see. Hope all is well otherwise. ~ Best

realCMG
Officer

Barabin, do you mean the thing where when you learn a new skill it automaticly is populated in the hotkey bar?  Hasn't it always been that way?  And it is still possible to move those around. 

DRNA

realCMG wrote:

Barabin, do you mean the thing where when you learn a new skill it automaticly is populated in the hotkey bar?  Hasn't it always been that way?  And it is still possible to move those around. 

Yes, new skills have always just randomly landed in your quickslots when you lean them, but we always had the control of then reassigning those skills to different quickslots. You can still unlock the quickslots via the ui panel and put them where you want, but if you do go to respec using the specialization tabs, from blue to red.. or yellow to blue or whatever, watch what happens.

If you've got all your shared general skills set in the same overlapping position on the first hotbar its not so much a problem. However, playing a Champion for example, I've always arranged skills by separating general melee vs AoE skills, putting basic melee skills on the 1st bar and AoE skills above it on the 2nd. Then I consider the range of fevour generation and consumption and arrange accordingly from left to right. Then I take power consumption into consideration. Additional skills are generally kept on other bars. This is no longer possible and everything goes haywire when switching between specializations (blue, red, yellow). If you use the same spec all the time (blue red or yellow) its not a problem.

There seems to be an issue mentioned in Ged's Guide or elsewhere about the window of memory between when you first choose a spec and hit confirm, but I cannot figure it out. And that it costs over a gold each time I make an attempt is just silly in my humble opinion. So, as I may have already said, I just find this all incredibly frustrating and am losing my interest very fast. I can't figure out my own main class who was level capped and I considered myself very proficient with before the trees, much less do I want to play other classes or alts at the moment.

Lerillos
Lerillos
Leader

Thank you, Barabin, for your vote of confidence.   I hope that I can live up to everyone's expectations, however, i am depending on kin to help me do this job.   As i have said, this is job is too big for one person, even in a small kin, if it is done right.

As far as the update/changes go, I quite understand.  Although by no means proficient in my class (hunter), I DID have some familiarity with how things worked.  Now I'm having to relearn EVERYTHING from the ground up.  Nothing works the same.

Concerning the quickslots, I saw something by one of the Beta Testers about that.  She said that  changing from one tree to another  caused problems with that at first, but eventually that quit happening.  I cannot recall where I saw it.  If I do, i shall post the link here. 

Whatever you decide, we will understand, and should you decide to leave, know that you are welcome back any time.  Oh, and by the way. Saturdays are currently Deed Night, so if you change your mind,  come join us. 

~Lerillos

DRNA

re: Re: The way the world is

Lerillos wrote:

Thank you, Barabin, for your vote of confidence.   I hope that I can live up to everyone's expectations, however, i am depending on kin to help me do this job.   As i have said, this is job is too big for one person, even in a small kin, if it is done right.

As far as the update/changes go, I quite understand.  Although by no means proficient in my class (hunter), I DID have some familiarity with how things worked.  Now I'm having to relearn EVERYTHING from the ground up.  Nothing works the same.

Concerning the quickslots, I saw something by one of the Beta Testers about that.  She said that  changing from one tree to another  caused problems with that at first, but eventually that quit happening.  I cannot recall where I saw it.  If I do, i shall post the link here. 

Whatever you decide, we will understand, and should you decide to leave, know that you are welcome back any time.  Oh, and by the way. Saturdays are currently Deed Night, so if you change your mind,  come join us. 

~Lerillos

With regard to roles and responsibilities in a kinship I completely understand and find your position admirable in that the focus is the kinship, otherwise it becomes more about the personalities and the adoration of certain personalities even. Thank you for acknowledging my frustration also as I am sure others are feeling somewhat dismayed themselves. There is a workaround to the quickslot shuffle mess but its not really a solution so I am just stepping back a bit. On a lighter note, its nice to see some activity on this site. And deeds seem to be about the only thing worth doing at the moment so I may just take you up on that. Thanks.

realCMG
Officer

yeah, i haven't really messed around with changing specs much. so i don't have much experience with that. though i did think i saw it switch back to right the one time I had done it...will have to play with some more to figure it out.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Middle Earth Craft and Wares Forum Index -> Natterings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: